The FuturiZe project awarded bursaries to support 120 participants, who would otherwise not be able to attend, in their travel, accommodation, and registration fee for LxAddictions19 and enable them to participate in the FZ Track sessions at the Lisbon Addictions Conference 2019.
FZ Bursary selection criteria
The bursaries were awarded with the following selection criteria in mind:
- Input to the FZ participatory process: completing the FuturiZe scenarios consultation survey is a prior requirement to the application process. Applicants who have not completed the survey will be automatically discarded.
- Scientific/professional excellence: The scope and achievements of the academic and/or professional practice of the applicant in accordance with their career stage (even at early stages) and the opportunities afforded by their sector and/or home country context.
- Geographic scope: Applications will be eligible from EU members and candidate countries, Russia, countries of the European Neighbourhood Policy framework, and other countries collaborating with EU countries on addiction policy issues.
- Under-resourced background: Applicants from lower income (GDP less than 90% of the EU average), less research intensive countries, early career stages (within 4 years of obtaining latest qualification) and stakeholder sectors with scarce resources to fund their attendance at such events will be prioritised for funding if they fulfil the criteria for relevance, scope and achievements of academic and/or professional career and practice.
- Engagement in LxAddictions19: Active engagement in the conference will be prioritised and can be indicated, for instance, through the submission of an abstract to present at LxAddictions19 (in line with the requirements of scientific quality and formats of proposals), irrespective of whether the submission is accepted.
The selection process aimed to ensure balance in stakeholder profiles, gender, career stage and geography, as far as is possible.